GitKraken is a GUI for git, which is used for version control on software files. This page explains how to get an education Pro license for GitKraken and clone a repository.
- Download GitKraken
- Create a GitHub account
- Create a GitLab account
- Request access to the Gitlab SFUSat Repository
- If you don't know git, watch this video.
- Link your github account to the github education pack
- Open GitKraken
- Login to GitKraken with your github account
- Click File
- Click Preferences
- Click Authentication
- If you logged into GitKraken with Github before linking the education pack, you will need to sign out and back in again
If it worked correctly, in the bottom right hand corner there will be a small banner that says "Pro." If it failed, the banner will say "Free."